Can’t wait to try? Let’s start cooking!
1 Kilogram Ox Tongue (cleaned, boiled in salted water w/laurel leaves, skinned and sliced)
1 Can Button Mushrooms, drained
1 Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Medium-sized Onion, diced
5 Cloves Garlic, minced
5 Tablespoons Butter
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
10 Pieces Asparagus (washed, wooden stems removed)
1 Cup Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat up pan in a medium flame.
- Drizzle with a little amount of olive oil, then melt-in the butter.
- Pan-fry the sliced ox tongue for at least 5 minutes per side. Wait until they turn golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté 3 cloves of garlic, onion and button mushrooms.
- Pour-in the condensed cream of mushroom soup and water. Add salt, ground black pepper and brown sugar. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put in the pre-fried ox tongue and stir carefully. Simmer for 25 minutes in a low flame. The sauce will continue to thicken so you may add more water if needed. Turn off the heat once done.
- In a separate pan, sauté the remaining garlic in a small amount of olive oil. Put in the asparagus, add a pinch of salt and cook for 3 minutes.
- Top the sautéed asparagus over the ox tongue in mushroom sauce.
- Serve with steaming white rice and enjoy!